About House & Home: Learn Something New in 2012

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, your About House & Home Editor
If your resolution list has you feeling a little overwhelmed and uninspired, why not swap some of the have-to-dos with a plan to learn something new? Take it from our Home and Garden Guides, if you want to expand your horizons and have fun at the same time, then this is the place to start.

Free Landscaping Classes
I'm by no means a landscaping guru. In fact, I'm lucky if my bushes are trimmed and my flowers finally bloom. So when I saw this set of free landscaping classes, I knew I had to sign up. With 128 lessons covering everything from planning and designing through to picking the perfect plants, your home will be the envy of the neighborhood.

Learn How to Knit and Purl
I took up knitting a couple of years ago, but because I'm not a consistent knitter, my stitches aren't consistent either. So I checked out this free video on how to knit and purl and voila! I can now knit a scarf that will actually keep the cold out.

Learn to Ride a Horse
Because I grew up on a farm, most people assume I know how to ride a horse. But I don't. So this has gone on my list for 2012. And the best place to start my lessons? Right here. Know what you need to know (and it's free!) to make your first ride comfortable, safe and oh-so much fun.

How to Clean Your Dryer Vent
Okay, so this isn't necessarily a fun thing to learn how to do, but with all the recent house fires due to clogged dryer vents, it's the first thing on my list. This guide will walk you through step-by-step to ensure your home (and mine) is fully protected.

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
How to Keep Bees
Make a Flower and Candle Centerpiece
Backsplash Tile Designs
Looking Back at Furniture Trends for 2011
Vintage Valentine Postcards
Install New Wiper Blades

 

More from About.com

Living with Depression
By obtaining the correct medical intervention and learning better coping skills, you can not only live with depression, but live well. More>



9 Symptoms of Depression
If you have experienced five or more of these symptoms within the same two week period, this could be indicative of an episode of depression. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © artis korea. Design by Templateezy